Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Wedding is Over

For the people who know me personally, know what I have been busy doing for the past year outside of the studio.  Busy planning a wedding.  I never thought it would be such a big deal to plan a wedding and work on Wyvern Studio at the same time until I realised that I have not posted anything on Etsy for months.  I had not posted anything because I had not progressed on the work I needed to finish out in the studio.  Now that the wedding is over, I need to fill in all that time I usually was using to call vendors, create centerpieces, construct decorations, flip through bridal magazines, delegate tasks, blah blah blah...

Upcoming things for Wyvern Studio

  1. NH Open Doors at Artstream in Rochester, NH.  November 5th from 10-4.  Artstream is one of the wonderful places that sells my hats, buttons and sushi scarves.  They have asked if I would have a table and promote Wyvern Studio for their portion of the NH open doors.
  2. I have had an idea for a book for awhile.  After the wedding craziness and telling stories about it several people have said that I should write it all down.  Three book ideas are going down on paper as we speak.  I don't know which one will be the first one done, I just can't organize my thoughts enough to focus on just one.  I am not a writer by nature.  A book is a huge task for me.  But I figure if I just keep writing, later I can have someone help me out with the construction.
  3. Wyvern Studio had a great month on ETSY!!!  Montana, Utah, Maryland and Australia were a few of the places that walking sticks were sent to.   I am so grateful for all of the friends that have encouraged my artwork, but am so excited to have people I don't know that are fans of my work as well.  I can't even begin to tell you all how grateful I am for that kind of encouragement.
  4. I have been thinking of making some tutorial videos.  I don't have a video camera, just the digital camera capable of taking video.  I struggle with taking photos as it is, so I don't know where to begin with this one.  It is definitely one of the ideas swirling around in my head and it may be quite some time before it becomes anything.
More to come later and more frequent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment